Canon is one of the trusted brands known for its sophisticated and state-of-the-art printing products. These printing machines give the user a good experience with their user-friendly design and allow users to understand, use and install it easily on your system.
Installing or setting up the Canon Printer correctly is very important for this excellent printing device's functioning. To set up the printer, you need to have an active internet connection and have the printer driver's latest version. Once you have all this, you can easily install the Canon printer driver; however, the install process may vary depending upon the printer model. If you face any trouble in installation, you must dial the Canon printer Customer care Number to troubleshoot it.
Various types of Canon features are mentioned below. Let's focus on them in detail.
- It has various functions like wireless connectivity, printing, copying, scanning and cloud
- It has a 6.2 cm LCD screen for scanning various documents.
- Canon printers also operated with the Canon Print app.
- Canon is printing many documents with Pixma XL inks.
- It also has a dual paper feeder and auto 2-sided print.
- The print resolution is up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- It also has two fine cartridges Black and Colour.
- The mono-print speed and colour print speed are 13 ipm 2 and 6.8 ipm 3 (approx.)
- The photo print speed is borderless 10x15 cm and 43 seconds 4 (approx.)
- The borderless printing is A4, Letter, 20x25 cm, 13x18 cm, 10x15 cm, 13x13 cm)
- The two-sided printing contains auto duplex print (A4, A5, B5, Letter – plain paper)
The features mentioned above are a short description of Canon specifications, while there are more advanced features other than this. To resolve any Canon Printer issue, you must call Canon printer helpline number to get appropriate solutions for troubleshooting all errors.
Various common issues occur from time to time in Canon Printer. A few of them are listed below.
- Canon printer is not turning on
- The printer is not printing well after turning on
- Printing errors caused due to toner damage
- Canon printer is not connected with Wi-Fi or wireless network
- A printer error is a pop-up on your screen due to an outdated driver
- Paper jam is also occurring in Canon Printer
- Ink is finished in Canon printer creating printing issue
- The printer is not responding to your command.
All the above errors are resolved by calling Canon printer Helpline Number immediately. A technical executive will guide with proper solutions to fix the Canon printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Setup Canon Printer Hardware?
- You need to first set up the Canon Printer hardware before setting up the printer.
- First, you need to place your Canon Printer on the flat surface and ensure that it is placed in a way within your Network range.
- Now, you need to unbox your Canon Printer with absolute care and ensure to get rid of the packaging. Don't forget to remove the tapes from all sections of the printer.
- Plug the one end of the power cable to the printer and the other to the wall outlet and at last switch, it 'ON'.
- Tap to switch on the printer by pressing the Power button. You will see the 'Power Lamp' has turned up, which means your printer is on.
- Set up the paper tray of your printer correctly and load A4 size white sheets on it.
- The process of Initialization and Alignment will begin to start, and then you have to wait for a few minutes.
- After that, you have to go to the Printer's Control Panel after completing its Setup Guide. These setups include "Display Language", "Country/ Region", "Access Security Measures (PIN)", "Date", and "Time".
- Finally, click on the "End" tab and move further on setting up the Canon Printer.
How to Download Canon Printer Driver?
- You first need to open your regular web browser, be it Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome etc.
- Open Canon's official website and then see the Homepage and then look for the "Setup" tab.
- In the setup window, you need to enter your Canon Printer Model number in the "Search Bar". You can locate your printer's model number on the printer's front side or in the Printer's Invoice.
- Press on the "Go" button to begin the search for your Printer Model finally.
- The window that has opened will have a secure download link for your Canon Printer. Press on the "Download" button for downloading the setup of the printer driver.
- With this, the downloading process will begin, and you have to wait till the process gets over.
How to Install Canon Printer Driver?
- Move to the particular folder, where you have saved the downloaded setup package of Canon Printer Driver on your Computer.
- Once found, double click on it
- You will see the security prompt that will validate your System and then click on the Run button.
- The "User Account Control" window will then seek your permission to initiate the installation process and select the "Yes" option.
- A welcome window of the Canon installation wizard will appear, where you have to select your preferred language for the "Language" tab and then click on Next.
- You have to select the correct option for the "Select Your Place of Residence" from this list.
- Review the terms mentioned in the "License Agreement" window and then click on the Yes button if you agree to it.
- After that, the Firewall Settings window will open, here you have to choose the option of "Deactivate the Block" and then click on "Next".
- Then you will see the "Connection Method" window where you will see two options, i.e., "Wireless" or "Wired". You need to select how you will configure your printer if your Printer is configured through the "Wireless" mode, then select the "Wireless" option. Or go for the "Wired" option if your printer has been configured for the Ethernet Connection.
- Once selected the medium of connection, click on "Next", and the Network Setup process is complete.
- You need to choose the software available for installation correctly from the following window.
- Consequently, the installation process of the Canon Printer will begin.
- You need to click on the "Exit" button after the process is completed. Keep in mind the installation process of the Canon Printer for Mac is slightly different from Windows.
How to Fix Paper Jam in Canon Printer?
- Turn the printer 'off' and wait for some time and turn the printer 'on' again.
- During the power cycle, the paper jam issue will be removed automatically.
- If the displayed message is not deleted, turn off the printer and take out the printer plug from the power source to clear the pop-up notification from your screen.
- Take out the toner cartridges and paper access tray for better support to the jammed paper. Confirm that you have stored the cartridges in a dar place as the cartridge drum is light-sensitive.
- Search the jammed paper location inside the printer and take it out through the paper path via feeder to the output tray.
- If the paper is jammed, gently pull it out. If you can't find paper inside the printer, there is an access hatch in the printer's back panel.
- Now, remove all papers jammed between the printer's rollers, take the paper in the regular motion direction and never apply extra force on rollers.
- If you apply force to your printer, few delicate parts may get damaged.
- After removing the printer, look for some foreign objects or debris like a paper clip or a loose paper which are the primary factors in causing paper stuck in the printer.
- Use a vacuum pump to remove foreign objects and dirt formed inside your printer when taken out for repair.
What Are The Steps to Resolve Canon Printer Error Code 1660?
- The improper or misplacement of ink cartridges in the Canon printer causes this error.
- Damaged ink boxes or cartridges
- Non-recognition of the Ink tank
- Open the front cover and examine whether the ink cartridges red light is on or off; it is off because of the inappropriate installation of ink cartridges.
- Open the cover and take out cartridges one by one and close the foremost or front cover
- After some time, keep the printer ON and place the cartridges one by one and close the main or front cover
- Make sure the orange cap is removed from the bottom of the ink cartridges properly
- Tap the resume or cancel button to start the process of printing once again.
All questions are replied to immediately when you connect with Canon printer Customer Service via email, call or chat.
Why Call Canon Customer Service?
Suppose you are working with Canon Printer and try to turn on the printer. Still, it won't respond, no need to panic because you can be away from all Canon errors by calling Canon printer Customer Service. A technical representative will guide you to follow appropriate solutions carefully. You will get instant answers as soon as you connect with Canon customer care via the phone number, email or chat. Canon printer technical team comprises experienced, well-talented and skilled staff who are attentive and genuine to assist you 24/7 hours a day and 365 days a year. Get all your errors resolved by discussing with a technical support team of Canon printers.